Dr. Tony Husemann was born in Baltimore, MD, 2/16/55. Attended N. Harford High School and graduated with 32 College Level Exam ination Program (CLEP) credits to attend St. Mary’s College of MD on a National Merit Special Scholarship in 1973. Majored in Biology and minored in Mathematics, graduated with Honors in 1976 with a B.Sc. degree. Attended Bowling Green State University graduate program in biology, but fell in love with teaching as a Graduate research and teaching assistant while there.
Thus, moved to CA in 1978 and began post-baccalaureate studies in Life Science Education at Sonoma State University in 1981. Earned a Ryan Single Subject Teaching Credential in 1983 and taught in CA public schools as a sub and full time teacher from 1980-84. In ’84 was recruited by a Church of God(Anderson, IN) mission school (Triple C School) in the Cayman Islands to teach science, math, health, computers and P.E. Served the Lord there until 1988, while also attending Columbia Bible College and Seminary in Columbia.,SC via extension (now Columbia International University). Studied evangelism (EE), Missions (Certified Missions teacher) and English Bible in South Carolina until 1990, then transferred to the University of South Carolina to complete a Masters of Education in Community and Occupational (Adult) Education.
Graduated Summa cum laude from USC in 1991, and returned to Cayman, this time as a Principal of another COG (Universal) school, Truth for Youth where the Lord had him until 1995. In 1995 “we” moved to West Virginia where he taught Science and Math at Appalachian Bible College. It is “we” this time, because by 1980 he was married to his lovely wife, Lynn (pictured with Tony) and we had three children. Our daughter, Rebecca was born in California and is now married with two sons(Panos and Anthony) to a Greek Cypriot, George Christophi. She has her Bachelor’s in Biology from Richard Stockton College of NJ and a Masters in Education from Syracuse University and George has recently completed his MD/PhD degree at SUNY Upstate Medical Center. Our oldest son Aaron and his younger brother Joel were both born in Cayman and Aaron has his Bachelor’s in Criminal Justice from Florida Atlantic U and is married to Robyn. They live in Syracuse, NY. Joel is in the USAR, and served in Iraq from 2009-2010. He is currently a senior at the U of Central FL majoring in History and planning to re-enlist in OCS as well as work for the Orlando Police Dept. in the near future. Lynn is also an educator, the Art Dept. Chair at Triple C School. She earned her Bachelor’s in Liberal Studies from Florida Atlantic University (FAU).
After several more years of teaching and school leadership, Dr. Husemann arrived at Calvary Christian Academy, Ft. Lauderdale where he taught science from 2003-2008. He also earned a PhD in Management and Organizational Development, Summa cum laude from Capella University in St. Paul, MN in 2006 and was CCA’s Academic Administrator from 2007-08. At present he is the Director of Graduate Studies at the International College of the Cayman Islands, where he has been since 2008. His teaching duties at CCU have included the development of some five different courses since 2006 and he is presently covering Philosophy of Education, Advanced Teaching Methods and Curriculum Design.
- DOCTORAL: Capella University, St. Paul, MN.
Ph. D. Management and Organizational Leadership (Summa cum laude)
- GRADUATE: University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC.
M.Ed. (Summa cum laude), July 1991.
Major: Educational Administration
- SEMINARY: Columbia International University, Cola., SC.
Certificates in Missions, Evangelism, and Christian Education, 1988.
- GRADUATE: Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH.
M.S.: Biology (36 credit hours completed) 1978.
- CREDENTIAL: Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA.
Major: Ryan Single Subject Credential in Life Sciences, June 1983.
Minor: Computer Science and Mathematics
- UNDERGRADUATE: St. Mary’s College of Maryland, St. Mary’s City, MD.
B.S. (Magna cum laude) Biology, May 1976.
Certification and Professional Membership
- NATIONAL: ACSI Principal, K-12, Biology, Bible Specialist.
- FLORIDA: Biology, 6-12, Clinical Educator, AP&Marine Bio, Passed FELE, 10/01.
- CAYMAN ISLANDS: Administrative:K-12 ACSI: Principal- All levels.
- Member: NSTA, ASCD, AAAS,NAPT
ACADEMIC LEADERSHIP AND INSTRUCTION
COLLEGE AND SCHOOLS ADMINISTRATOR/TEAM LEADER
- Director of Grad Studies- ICCI, Newlands, Grand Cayman, 2008-Present
- Professor of Education online-CCU/CCTC, San Diego, CA, 2006-Present
- Academic Dean-Calvary Christian Academy, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 2007-08
- Science Dept. Chair-Calvary Chapel/CCA, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, 2003-2007
- Headmaster/Human A&P Lecturer-Ft. Lauderdale Christian School, FL, 2001-2003
- Administrator/Physics Instructor-Cape Christian Academy, CMCH, NJ, 1998-2000
- Principal/Science Dept. Chair-Cary Christian Academy, Cary, NC, 1996-1998
- Principal/Physics Instructor-Truth for Youth School, GT, Grand Cayman ,1992-95
- ASSISTANT/ADJUNCT PROFESSOR :BUSINESS and ADULT EDUCATION
- Adjunct Professor of History and Philos. Of Ed., CCTC, SD, CA , 2006-Present.
- Adjunct Prof. Math Ed.-Florida Atlantic University, Davie, FL, Summer 2006
- Adjunct Prof. Math -Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, 2000-2001
- Adjunct Prof. Math -Atlantic Cape Community College, Rio Grande, NJ, 2000-2001
- Adjunct Prof. Math /Science-Appalachian Bible College, Bradley, WV, 1995-96
- Assistant Prof. of Education/Adult Ed.- ICCI, Newlands, Grand Cayman, 1991-95
Honors and Awards
National Merit and Maryland Senatorial Scholarships,(1973); Who’s Who Among American High School Students,(1973); Who’s Who Among American College and University Students,(1975);George Garfield Prize for Outstanding Biology Graduates,(1976); NSF Fellowship (Hon. Men.),(1976); Graduate Teaching Fellow,(1977 78,1987 88); NABT OBTA Nominee,(1990 91);Who’s Who in American Science and Engineering,(1991 95),Who’s Who in the World,(1995 96);Men of Achievement,(1994 95); Cambridge Institute Biographee,(1994 96),Who’s Who in International Business, (2000-2001), Who’s Who- American HS Teachers(2004-8).