- 2011 – Present Board Member & Registrar for Texarkana United Soccer Association.
- 2010 – Present Adjunct Faculty at Calvary Chapel University (Santa Ana, CA)
- 2006 – Present High School Teacher at Trinity Christian School (Texarkana, AR)
- 2004 – Present Pastor of Calvary Chapel Texarkana, a new church plant in Texarkana, TX.
- 2004 Doctor of Philosophy in Biology at Florida International University, Miami, FL
- 1996 Master of Science in Botanical Science at the University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- 1992 Bachelor of Science Degree in Marine Science/Marine Biology; and a Minor in Creative Writing, at Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, FL
- 2010 – Present Adjunct Faculty at Calvary Chapel University (Santa Ana, CA) Designed a New Online Class: BIO101 Introduction to Environmental Sciences Designed a New Online Class: BIO201 Introduction to Issues of Science & Faith Teaching: Intro to Environmental Science (2011)
- 2006 – Present Middle & High School Teacher at Trinity Christian School (Texarkana, AR) 7th Grade Life Science Survey (2006-2007, 2007-2008) 8th Grade Earth Science (2006-2007, 2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011) 9th Grade Physical Science (2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010) 10th Grade Biology (2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011) 11th Grade Chemistry (2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011) 11th Grade Bible (2008-2009) College Biology, Concurrent Class with Univ Arkansas CC Hope (2009-2010) Initiated and implemented a school-wide curriculum review process as a part of our School Improvement Plan Assisted School administrative team with various projects and initiatives.
- 2009 – 2010 Assistant Professor at The Institute For Creation Science Graduate School History & Nature of Science (Fall 2009, Winter 2010)
- 2000 – 2004 Middle School Bible and Science Teacher at Calvary Christian Academy 5th Grade Integrated Science Survey (2000-2001) 6th Grade Integrated Science Survey (2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003, 2003-2004) 7th Grade Life Science Survey (2001-2002) 6th Grade Bible, Old Testament Survey (2000-2001) 8th Grade Bible, the Gospels (2002-2003, 2003-2004) Initiated and implemented a school-wide Biblical Integration Curriculum Served as the Technical Advisor and the Profile Committee Chair for the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Accreditation Team Developed the Scope and Sequence for the Academy’s Science Program Served as Middle School Team Leader (2001-2002, 2002-2003) Initiated and led the 8th grade mission trip to the Bahamas (2002-2003); and trained the 2003-2004 8th graders for their mission trip to the Bahamas
- 2000 – 2002 Adjunct Faculty at Trinity International University, Miami, Florida Undergraduate Biology w/ Lab (Spring & Fall 2000) Undergraduate Earth Science w/ Lab (Spring 2000) EXCEL Program Environmental Conservation w/ Lab (5 Sessions from 2000 – 2002)
- 1997 Head Teaching Assistant / Lab Coordinator at Florida International University PCB3043L Ecology 1995 Head Teaching Assistant / Lab Coordinator at the Univ. of South Florida, Tampa, Florida ENV2001L Introduction to Environmental Science
- 1994-1995 Adjunct Faculty at Hillsborough Community College, Brandon, Florida IDS1152L Ecology, Man, and Pollution
- 1993 Academic Assistant at Hillsborough Community College, Tampa, Florida IDS1152L Ecology, Man, and Pollution
- 1991-1992 Undergraduate Teaching Assistant at Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida MSN119E Introduction to Oceanography FDF7 Seaquest of Marine Plants BIN187 Plant Biology BIN188 Marine and Freshwater Botany
- 2009 Freelance Writer for Institute for Creation Research. Designed an Online Graduate Class Entitled: The History & Nature of Science, and helped to write a supplemental curriculum with the same title for teachers.
- 2004 – 2008 Curriculum developer and writer for His Works, Inc. We have produced a teaching manual on biblical integration, 40 accompanying posters, and I am currently working on a middle school science curriculum.
- 1996 – 2000 Research Assistant at Florida International University, Department of Biology
- 1996 – 1997 Independent Consultant for Fyrezyme Southeast, Inc., Tampa, Florida
- 1994 Field Assistant at Biological Research Associates, Inc., Tampa, Florida
- 1992 Biological Scientist I at the Florida Department of Environmental Protection / Florida Marine Research Institute (Genetics), St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1990 – 1992 Laboratory Technician III at the FDEP / FMRI (Museum), St. Petersburg, Florida
- 1990 – 1992 Volunteer at the FDEP / FMRI (Seagrass Division), St. Petersburg, Florida
CERTIFICATION, MEMBERSHIPS, & AWARDS
- 2003 Certificate of Completion of the Florida Performance Measurement System 672- AE1, In-Service Activity at Calvary Christian Academy, Florida ASCI District
- 2003 Member of National Science Teachers’ Association
- 2001 Nominated for Disney’s Teacher of the Year
- 2000 Awarded Best Doctoral Presentation, Tropical Biology Symposium, Miami, FL
- 1997 Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society (Florida International University)
- 1992 Member of Sigma Xi (Eckerd College and University of South Florida)
PUBLICATIONS IN REFERRED JOURNALS
- Peterson BJ, Rose CD, Rutten LM, Fourqurean JW (2002) Disturbance and recovery following catastrophic grazing: studies of a successional chronosequence in a seagrass bed. Oikos 97:361-370
- Fourqurean JW, Willsie A, Rose CD, Rutten LM (2001) Spatial and temporal pattern in seagrass community composition and productivity in south Florida. Mar Biol 138:341-354
- Rose CD, Sharp WC, Kenworthy WJ, Hunt JH, Lyons WG, Prager EJ, Valentine JF, Hall MO, Whitfield P, Fourqurean JW (1999) Overgrazing of a large seagrass bed by the sea urchin Lytechinus variegatus in Outer Florida Bay. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 190:211-222
- Rose CD, Dawes CJ (1999) Effects of community structure on the seagrass Thalassia testudinum. Mar Ecol Prog Ser 184:83-95
- Dawes CJ, Andorfer JH, Rose CD, Uranowski C, Ehringer N (1997) The recovery of the seagrass Thalassia testudinum in boat propeller cuts in Cockroach Bay, Florida. Aquat Bot 59:139-155
- Rose CD, Durako MJ (1994) Induced photomorphogenesis by an altered R:FR light ratio in axenic Ruppia maritima L. Bot Mar 37:531-535
- Rose CD (2005) In Him All Things Consist: Teaching Christianly Using Biblical Integration. His Works, Inc: Texarkana, AR
- Rose CD (1995) Lab Manual for Introduction to Environmental Science. Univ of S Florida: Tampa
- Rose CD (August 30, 1990) Diary of trip across Soviet Union. Rockland Review 16(3): 1,6